11/13/11

New Boxes in Progress...

I've been working on a new set of boxes, these ones are 3 inches longer than the first set I made. At this point the boxes are all constructed and papered I just need to figure out designs for the inside and how I am going to decorate the tops. I do have some designs made up to continue my style icon series but I'm not sure they would work with these new boxes. I'm not sure if it's the different shape or my paper choices, but I feel these boxes need something different. I might not make all of these jewelry boxes, some of them might be made to hold a notebook/journal and writing supplies.

What I love about the new set so far is that they are all very different from one another so I feel I can go in a few different directions.

This one is very dark and a little creepy


It looks a little like a coffin

The paper is beautiful though, it has a kind of velvety texture

This one makes me think of a circus. I might have silhouettes of tightrope walkers on the cover 
Danger decided she liked this one

Not sure what she's doing with her tongue here

But Danger agrees that it should have something with the circus on here.


This one is very sweet. I think if I added anything to the cover it would only take away from the pattern


I think the purple adds a nice contrast. I will admit the purple and white make me think of my high school colors

This one seems perfect for the fall/winter transition. 

The gold inside reflects really well.


Simple but still beautiful

I'm not sure if I want to make this one into a jewelry box or a writing box.

So those are my new, almost finished, boxes. I would love to here your ideas on covers, or designs for the inside structure. Or guesses on what my cat is doing it those pictures.







No comments:

Post a Comment